Apprentice in Sportsturf (Horticulture) Scarborough South Cliff Golf Club Ltd
An apprentice is required to join a small team at Scarborough South Cliff Golf Club to work full time. You will be maintaining the greens and surrounding areas.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
06 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Scarborough South Cliff Golf Club are looking to recruit an Apprentice in Horticulture (Sportsturf) to work full time, 40 hours per week, on a variety of projects:
- General grass cutting
- Maintain the health of the greens
- Prepare ground for seeding
- Prepare ground for planting
- Establish plants and seeds
- Maintain health of planted and decorative areas and identify pests, diseases and disorders
- Ensure course is up keep
- Machine maintenance.
Whilst studying a Level 2 Work Based Diploma in Horticulture through Askham Bryan College at York.
Requirements and prospects
- Full training given
- Numeracy skills
- Literacy skills
- Team working
- Comfortable dealing with the public
- Work to deadlines.
- Willing to learn and work outdoors
- Must be enthusiastic
- Must work well in a small team
- The candidate must be dedicated to completing the apprenticeship qualifications
- A friendly approach is essential
- Must have good attention to detail
- Must be proactive in their approach to work.
- No experience required as full training given
- No qualifications required as full training is given
- Must have basic literacy and numeracy skills to complete the Level 2 Diploma in Work Based Horticulture (sportsturf).
Things to consider
About the employer
- Work based training including a Level 2
- Work Based Diploma in Horticulture (Sportsturf) to be delivered by Askham Bryan College,
- Plus functional skills (as required).
ASKHAM BRYAN COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Askham Bryan College
Mr P Sleight 01723 360522 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017