Apprentice Clerical Assistant The Meadow Community Primary School
An enthusiastic and positive individual is required to provide confidential, effective, efficient and flexible administrative support to the school. You will be the first contact point, receive visitors and provide clerical support in this busy, successful primary school.
Closing date: today
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
05 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To be the first point of contact in school, receive visitors & maintain vistor log.
- Produce a range of documents from a variety of sources, using various software packages.
- Respond to correspondence.
- Open.sort and distribute incoming post and ensure dispatch of outgoing post.
- Answer standard enquires by telephone or in person from pupils, parents, public.
- Operation of office equipment.
- Input information into a database and extract when required.
- Undertake routine cash handling and issuing receipts.
- Offer support in providing and organising refreshments for meetings.
- Receive and check off deliveries and put away or label for Premises Officer.
- Provide information and assist in completing returns to the Local Authority, DfE and school management as required.
- To assist with liaison between the school and community in administering lettings and community use of the premises.
- Be prepared to undertake professional development and training including whole school inset.
- Undertake any other administrative duties which may reasonably be regarded as within the nature of the post.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Prioritises own responsibilities effectively.
- Flexible and able to contribute to a team approach.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated with a can-do attitude and a commitment to complete all tasks.
- Presentable and professional at all times.
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above or equivalent qualifications.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 NVQ Business and Administration.
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT.
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills.
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities.
Business and Administration
LEICESTERSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Leicestershire Adult Learning Service
The Meadow Community School seeks to promote the employment of disabled people and will make any adjustments considered reasonable to the above duties under the terms of Equality legislation to accommodate a suitable disabled candidate.
Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW): The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.50 per hour. This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: today