Childcare Apprentice Lynwood Day Nursery
A wonderful opportunity to become part of a fantastic team of childcarers, supporting children to play, have fun and enhance their early years learning. You will be required to provide a safe environment for children to thrive, taking care of their individual needs including changing and feeding.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 42.50
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
05 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Duties to include:
- Take responsibility for a designated group of children.
- To help to carry out assessments and observations to a professional
standard in line with the Keyworker.
- To assist to plan the learning opportunities to ensure the individual
child’s appropriate progress.
- To support in completing all relevant documentation with regard to
their progress with the Keyworker.
- To monitor and support any nursery nurse who is assigned to their
group of children.
- To deal with the children’s physical and emotional requirements with
care and sympathy.
- To maintain safe secure and happy environment for the children in the
- To be mindful of the nursery’s safeguarding policy.
- To maintain a professional, courteous and friendly relationship with the parents and to respect the confidentiality regarding any information which might be given.
- When representing the nursery always maintain a professional manner
and to ensure that all information is recorded and transmitted to the
- To follow all reasonable instructions given be the key worker or
nursery manager which are directed towards the smooth running of the
- To ensure that a positive approach to the children in their general
treatment and in matters of discipline is displayed at all times.
- To help with the design and prepare displays for the nursery notice
boards, which will be regularly replaced as part of the program of
activities as directed by the room leader, nursery manager.
- To maintain a high standard of presentation set by the nursery for
work which will be taken home by the children.
Requirements and prospects
- Confident with children and babies.
- Supportive and kind.
- None required.
Things to consider
About the employer
- A full L2 NVQ diploma in Childcare
- Functional skills in maths and English if you do not already possess a L2 quallification in these areas
Children and Young People's Workforce
NC TRAINING LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Cumbria Training Centre
Cassandra Nolan 01229838892 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017