Apprentice Vehicle Paint Sprayer Motofix Ltd
This is an exciting opportunity to be based in a vehicle body repair workshop where you will learn all aspects of preparing vehicle surfaces for masking, priming and painting.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
05 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
This is an exciting opportunity to become a fully qualified spray painter.
You will be based in the paint shop and will learn the following:
- Preparing vehicle surfaces for masking
- Painting before buffing
- Polishing the paintwork of the panel to suitable finish.
You will be allocated a work based assessor who will visit you in the workplace every 8-10 weeks to gather evidence of competency. Ongoing reviews and assessments ensure that you are continually increasing your knowledge and competence within the workplace and are working towards your apprenticeship qualification.
Requirements and prospects
- Motivated willingness to learn and have a positive attitude.
- Good timekeeping.
- Good communication skills.
- A keen interest in administration.
- The ideal candidate will have GCSEs, or equivalent, grade C or above in Maths & English Language.
Things to consider
About the employer
At Motofix, we aim to be the repairer of choice, where customers enjoy consistently high levels of service, the number one name in accident repair.
- The candidate will follow an intermediate apprenticeship training programme where they will study a Vehicle Body Refinishing Level 2 Diploma.
- If the candidate does not already hold relevant qualifications in Maths, English and ICT they may also be required to complete Functional skills qualifications in Maths, English and ICT at level 2.
- The apprentice will attend S&B Automotive Academy on block release which is typically 6 x 1 blocks per year.
Vehicle Body and Paint
S & B AUTOMOTIVE ACADEMY LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by S&B Automotive Academy Ltd
Zoe Buckley 07852344136 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017