IT Apprentice Avon Data Systems Ltd
An excellent opportunity to be part of a highly talented team within nice offices, where there’s a casual dress code to match the informal, yet focused environment. The IT Apprentice role encompasses a range of duties including software support, software upgrades, user training, system integrations and hardware configuration.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
05 Oct 2017
01 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
The IT Apprentice works within the support team, providing assistance to Avon Data’s clients. Day to day duties include:
- Answering incoming support calls and raising tickets in the system.
- Assisting customers when possible.
- Pre-arranged integrations with third party systems.
- Client software upgrades.
- Training users on new features.
- Hardware configuration for EPOS installations.
Requirements and prospects
- Computer literate
- Passionate about IT
- Ability to communicate with others
- Good telephone manner
- Positive outlook
- Friendly and approachable
- Sound work ethic
Ideally a minimum 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Things to consider
About the employer
Throughout the duration of your Apprenticeship you will be required to attend the 3aaa Technology Academy in for up to 8 weeks on a block release basis for structured training. The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace with your Employer. You will work towards a Level 3 Trailblazer – Infrastructure Technician. The qualifications consist of:
- Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
- L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
- L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
- BCS Foundation Certificate in Networking and Architecture Principles (Knowledge Module 1)
- BCS Foundation Certificate in Mobile and Operating Systems (Knowledge Module 2)
- BCS Foundation Certificate in Cloud Services (Knowledge Module 3)
- MTA in Software Development Fundamentals or HTML5 App Development Fundamentals (Knowledge Module 4)
- BCS Foundation Certificate in Business Processes (Knowledge Module 5)
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017