Apprentice Medical Receptionist Whitemoor Medical Centre
Whitemoor Medical Centre are looking for a proactive and confident communicator to join their busy reception team. You will be an energetic and professional person who is looking to start a career within business and administration.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
01 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
As an Apprentice Medical Receptionist you will be allocated tasks and duties which will gradually increase throughout the apprenticeship.
- You will have a mature and professional attitude with the ability to communicate with members of the public.
- Opening and preparing of premises punctually in the morning & strict adherence to closing procedures before leaving in the evening.
- Receiving and directing patients to surgeries.
- Answering telephone/taking and recording messages.
- Keeping appointment system up-to-date/operating appointment system as directed.
- Filing and extracting of medical records, patient letters & results.
- Completing various forms for treatment of patients.
- Arranging repeat prescriptions using computerised system. Ensuring patient details are current (Name, address, etc).
- Issuing receipts for payments given.
- Chaperoning patients with GPs as and when necessary.
- Keeping Day books, Visiting Books and Practice Diary up to date. Communicate effectively with other team members.
- Communicate effectively with patients and carers.
- Recognise people’s needs for alternative methods of communication and respond accordingly.
- Input of data onto computer.
- Preparation of surgeries for GPs.
- Ordering NHS Stationery items.
- Setting / un-setting telephone system – DMS times.
- To ensure complaints are dealt with according to the Practice Protocol.
- Any other reasonable request from GPs or Superiors.
Requirements and prospects
- Exemplary telephone manner.
- Smart and professional appearance.
- Confident with a calm and mature attitude.
- Basic keyboard & computer skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Tact and diplomacy.
- Knowledge of confidentiality.
- Message taking.
- Accuracy and ability to pay attention to details.
- Organisational skills.
- Reliable timekeeper.
- Knowledge, awareness of Equal Opportunities.
- Previous Customer Service Experience is highly desirable.
- Calm and confident.
- A mature and friendly attitude.
- Proactive and positive attitude.
- GCSE or equivalent in Maths, English and ICT to a good level.
Things to consider
About the employer
- NVQ Business and Administration Level 2,
- Functional in Maths, English and ICT.
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by DBC Training
Priya Shanker 01332 295588 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017