Apprentice Nursery Nurse Angels After School Club Projects Ltd
To be trained to do the same post as a Nursery Nurse or Nursery Assistant. To contribute to a high quality caring environment for children. This includes creating a warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally through individual attention and group activities.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2017
5 days ago
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Helping with feeding
- Setting out activities for the children
- Help to build children’s portfolios
- Helping with lunch
- Helping with planning activities
Requirements and prospects
- Communication skills, both written and verbal
- Planning and organising skills
- Problem assessment and problem solving skills
- Customer service orientation
- Have empathy and understand what it is like for a child in a nursery.
- Communicate effectively with both children and adults.
- Work with others and contribute to the effectiveness of the team.
- To respond positively to direction and improve own performance.
- Know when to seek advice and support.
- Candidate should be available and ready to do flexible or fixed hours.
- Candidates must ready to deal with the tough and physical demands in a childcare set up.
- Candidates must be willing to attend training and be enthusiastic as far as their CYPW qualification and Functional Skills (Maths English and ICT if applicable) are concerned.
GCSEs in English, Maths, and ICT (A*-C) or equivalent qualifications.
About the employer
Angels After School Club Projects Ltd
- Level 2 NVQ in Children And Young People's Workforce
- Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Level 1 Functional Skills
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Children and Young People's Workforce
WEST BERKSHIRE TRAINING CONSORTIUM
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Manley Summers Training Recruitment Services
Edward Wright Nelson Owusu Osei 02074070015 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017