Nursery Assistant Apprentice Bright Kids (Peterborough) Limited
To be trained to do the same post as a Nursery Nurse or Nursery Assistant. To contribute to a high quality caring environment for children. This includes creating a warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally through individual attention and group activities.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2017
01 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Help to ensure the safety and security of the children in the setting.
- Assist in promoting children's enjoyment and learning through planned play experiences.
- Support children's care routines such as meal and sleep times.
- Help to prepare, carry out and clear away a wide range of childcare activities.
- Supervise and support children’s play, extending their interests through effective observation and planning and ensuring they feel safe at all times.
- Have knowledge of and implement nursery policies and procedures.
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness and serviceability of equipment, toys and books, etc., in the nursery.
- Attend in-service training where appropriate and attend staff meetings when required
- Attend all training as arranged by MSTRS, to meet targets and complete assignments set by your assessor and to endeavour to complete your course effectively and on time.
- Undertake any other duties as directed by senior staff which may reasonably be regarded as within the nature of the position, subject to the provision that any changes of a permanent nature shall be incorporated into the job description in specific terms.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times.
Requirements and prospects
- Attend College and completing assignments on time.
- To attend team meetings and imputing ideas.
- Under supervision, provide all aspects of care for children including washing, changing and feeding.
- To assist with meeting the personal and emotional needs of individual children.
- To provide adult interaction with children in the nursery.
- To be aware of the nurseries confidentiality policy.
- Working and Playing With Children
- Stress Management and Control
- Initiative and Time Management
- Taking Care Of Children
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team.
- To attend ALL out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, parents evenings summer fair, Christmas party, etc.
- To input and contribute to ideas regarding implementation of policies and procedures such as Early Years Foundation Stage.
- Leadership and Organisation
- Being Proactive and Motivated
- Professionalism and Teamwork
- Communication and Listening
- Knowledge Of Children’s Story and Nursery Rhymes
- Being Flexible and Understanding
- Being Happy and Funny
About the employer
Bright Kids (Peterborough) Limited
Training is based upon Edexcel Qualifications so at the end of your apprenticeship you will have obtained a BTEC Level 2 Award/Certificate in Children and Young People Workforce.
Children and Young People's Workforce
WEST BERKSHIRE TRAINING CONSORTIUM
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Manley Summers Training Recruitment Services
Edward Wright Nelson Owusu Osei 02074070015 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017