Community Arts Admin Apprenticeship The Gate Theatre Company Ltd
Working in a small venue means that the Gate’s Apprentice observes all of the activities behind running a theatre – this is an exciting opportunity for someone who loves to organise and make things happen. You’ll be at the heart of operations in a producing theatre with an international profile.
Closing date: 25 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
31 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Due to a condition of our funding, we can only appoint a candidate that lives (and has done so for 2 years or more) in the following boroughs: Barnet, Brent, Camden, Ealing, Hammersmith & Fulham, Harrow, Kensington & Chelsea, Westminster, City of London.
The Gate’s Apprentice assists in all aspects of the Gate Theatre’s operations, including - but not limited to:
- Key office administration
- Box office and front of house administration
- Production administration
- Marketing support
- Providing general office support for this busy producing venue
The Apprentice is line managed by the General Manager
In this role you will work with staff teams across theatre departments. You do not need to have lots of experience but you need to have an organised and systematic approach to work. You will need to pay attention to detail and to be good at completing tasks.
Apprentices will receive a through grounding in general administration, planning, scheduling and communications.
This role is an apprenticeship position, enabling the post holder to gain a Level 2 Certificate in Community Arts Administration, in association with a partner College, the National Apprentice College.
You will join a cohort of apprentices that are part of the London Theatre Consortium (LTC).
You will need to complete a portfolio and Functional Skills (English, Maths and Science) through an online learning portal - ongoing satisfactory college study and work is a fundamental element of the Apprentice role at the Gate Theatre.
We strongly encourage potential applicants to drop into one of our Open Days where there will be the chance of meeting theatre staff, talking face to face and finding out more information about the apprenticeship programme. You will be able to write a better application if you do this.
Open days are at the Gate Theatre (11 Pembridge Road, W11 3HQ) on the following days:
Thursday 31st August 2-6pm
Wednesday 6 September 2-6pm
Thursday 14 September 2-6pm
Friday 22 September 2-6pm
You can drop in at any time!
References will be required and we may require a DBS check.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent time management skills
- The ability to work well within in a team, with good listening skills and confident communication
- Ability to work as part of a busy team
- Willingness to develop skills in managing your own workload
- An organised approach with attention to detail
- Friendly and approachable
- A love of organising and making things run smoothly
- Understanding of importance of good timekeeping
- Tenacity and willingness to see a job through
- Open to guidance and feedback
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills
- We cannot accept people with a degree. We are much more interested in your potential than we are in academic qualifications
- Training in functional skills (English, Maths, ICT) are part of the college side of the apprenticeship and must be considered as important as coming to work
Things to consider
About the employer
- On completion you will gain a Level 2 Certificate in Community Arts Administration.
- The training you will receive is mainly in-house and on the job training
- You will learn from those you work with and from your cohort of other apprentices
- Where necessary, you will be able to seek external training
- You will be provided with a full induction into office working, covering general office administration, and email etiquette and phone systems. You will be trained on how to process ticket orders on Spektrix, our ticketing platform. You will be First Aid trained, and other training opportunities will be sought out, depending on individual requirements and needs
- The Gate will support you in finding a mentor from within the sector
The National College Creative Industries
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The National College Creative Industries
Debbie Jeacock 02070151817 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 25 Sep 2017