Heavy Vehicle (HV) Service and Maintenance Technician Towens of Weston Ltd
This is an excellent opportunity to work as part of a highly skilled work force that is committed to quality. You will train as a qualified vehicle technician while working on heavy vehicles. The successful candidate can expect a high quality training package with excellent career prospects.
Closing date: 25 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
04 Oct 2017
31 Aug 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- An exciting opportunity to work as part of a highly skilled work force that is committed to quality.
- The apprenticeship is fully supported with all of the training you require to become fully qualified.
- With the rapid increase in the complexity of today’s trucks – and the technology needed to keep them up and running – first class training for those involved in the vital servicing and maintenance of these vehicles has become more important than ever.
- This Apprenticeship Programme will give you the chance to join a select group of specialist technicians working on some of the most modern, sophisticated trucks on the road.
The day to day tasks include:
- Observing and assisting senior technicians
- Following health and safety procedures
- All aspects of vehicle maintenance and repair
Requirements and prospects
- Good practical skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Good time keeping and willing to learn
- Team player
- Proactive approach in maintaining customer standards
GCSE's or equivalent, Functional Skills or Key Skills at grade C/Level 1 or above in English, Maths equivalent. Work experience/prior knowledge is beneficial but not essential.
Things to consider
About the employer
Training is provided at work and at a specialist training provider S&B Automotive Academy on block release (usually six one-week blocks per year).The successful applicant will be mentored in the workplace by the employer who will support and monitor progress through the use of electronic logbook which both employer and apprentice will have access to 24/7 365 days a week.
The apprenticeship Standard is a 3 year programme which culminates in an end point assessment.
As part of the apprenticeship the apprentice will need to achieve Functional Skills at Level 2 in Application of Number & Communication before they can complete the end point assessment.
Bus, Coach and HGV > Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician
S & B AUTOMOTIVE ACADEMY LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by S&B Automotive Academy Ltd
Zoe Buckley 07852344136 email@example.com
Before you apply
Closing date: 25 Sep 2017