Apprentice Dental Nurse - Coventry Bhandal & Associates Foleshill Road
We are an established independent family dental practice seeking to add a new apprentice to our existing team. We are seeking keen enthusiastic apprentices who wish to pursue a career.
Closing date: today
£149.85 - £260.85
The current National Minimum Wage rates are £4.05 an hour for 16 - 17 year olds, £5.60 an hour for 18 - 20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship(usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
03 Oct 2017
31 Aug 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Working towards a level 3 NVQ in Dental Nursing for a large independent Dental Practitioner.
Must have an interest in a career in Dental Nursing and be prepared to help in other areas of the practice.
The successful candidate must be prepared to travel to other practices to provide holiday and sickness cover.
The role of a dental nurse is to:
- Take instruction from the dentist responding efficiently and accurately.
- They must ensure the dentist's comments regarding the condition of the patients mouth throughout the check up are recorded correctly.
- The surgery and any relevant materials must be prepared in time taking care to sterilise all instruments and working areas.
- Dental instruments must be to hand ready to be passed to the dentist when needed.
- Dental nurses may at times be required to assist on the reception desk of the practice where they will need to answer the telephone and welcome patients to the dental practice.
- Good communication skills and customer service awareness is needed to maintain a high level of service within the dental practice making the patients feel welcome and comfortable.
- Working sometimes under pressure dental nurses must remain professional and work quickly and efficiently.
- Being in close contact with the patients is a daily requirement for a dental nurse, therefore they must understand the patients' needs and possible anxieties about attending the dentist endeavouring to make their experience as comfortable as possible.
Requirements and prospects
- Able to work quickly and efficiently whilst maintaining a professional manner at all times
- Record information relayed by the Dentist accurately at all times
- Prepared to undertake all tasks in the practice such as manning the reception area
- Booking appointments
- Cleaning equipment and surgery
- Good communication skills
- Friendly and pleasant manner
- Able to build relationships with both colleagues and patients
- Calm under pressure
- Able to reassure when dealing with nervous patients
- Able to handle college and practice workload
5 GCSEs Grades A* to C including Maths and English or equivalent.
Things to consider
About the employer
Work based and college training with support towards achieving an Advanced Apprenticeship in Dental Nursing. Consisting of Functional Skills, NEBDN Dental Nursing Certificate and NVQ level 3 in Dental Nursing.
Successful completion will allow the candidate to register with the General Dental Council.
Health - Dental Nursing
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Sandwell College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: today