Assistant Estimator Admin Apprentice Alma Home
Assistant Estimator Apprentice – reviewing and analysing architectural drawings and other information received from our clients to prepare the basic information to prepare a quotation for the work.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
05 Oct 2017
01 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
We receive architectural drawings and other information from our clients who want us to quote for (e.g.) cladding walls and floors.
The review of the drawings is the most important function. This involves checking the drawings and highlighting what our clients are asking us to do; working out the dimensions of walls and floors; and preparing a spread sheet showing dimensions of areas to clad.
It also involves:
- Obtaining costs for non Alma fabrics specified by the clients from fabric companies
- Preparing the quote file on excel and in hard copy
- Liaising with the client on any queries that we have
There is admin involved too i.e.
- Printing out drawings
- Creating the quote reference
- Obtaining samples of the fabrics to be used
- Making sure that all the correspondence relating to the quote is saved in the quote file (both digital and hard copy)
The role is based at Alma’s head office in Whitechapel; reporting to the operations director who would supervise and monitor the apprentice and review all his/her work until such time as the candidate is confident to prepare quotes on their own.
Requirements and prospects
- Good written and verbal skills
- Able to communicate with third parties by email and phone. You will be in contact with suppliers and customers and need to develop good working relationships with them
- Able to write clearly and concisely – the wording in the quote sets out the scope of what we are quoting for and must be clear
- Interest in architectural drawings – able to interpret what is required on a project from drawings – able to scale up drawings to work out measurements
- Good at Excel spreadsheets ( as well as Outlook and Word)
- Analytical- able to step back and review quotes to ensure that they are reasonable
- Good attention to detail
- Capable of working to deadlines – sometimes very tight!
- Hands on approach- Not afraid to roll up sleeves and get involved
Good GCSE results (A-C or equivalent) are desirable
About the employer
Customer care is of the highest importance and making sure that we provide an excellent service to our clients as well as quoting all jobs as keenly as possible is part of our MO.
Ixion Holdings will provide the apprenticeship framework which will include NVQ/ Diploma, Functional Skills, ERR, PLTS.
Ixion Holdings will ensure Health & Safety, and Equality & Diversity.
Business and Administration
IXION HOLDINGS (CONTRACTS) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Ixion Holdings (Contracts) Limited
Steven Vasiliou 07507558470 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017