Advanced Level Pharmacy Apprenticeship Level 3 Sparkes Pharmacy Ltd
The successful candidate will be working in the Pharmacy closer to their home and will attend college one day a week for one year only. Duties include: • Taking in and handing out prescriptions • Receiving and ordering stock • Selling over-the-counter medicines • Dispensing & advising patients about medication
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
31 Aug 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
The successful candidate will be working in the Community Pharmacy closer to their home and will be attending college one day a week. College will be attended for one year only.
The Pharmacy Apprentice will be performing the following duties:
- Taking in and handing out prescriptions
- Receiving and ordering stock
- Selling over-the-counter medicines
- Dispensing & advising patients about medication
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- Good customer service skills
- General interest in medicine
- Ability to work as part of a team in a busy environment
- Ability to use own initiative
- Working within the team
- Presentable and friendly
3 GCSEs (Maths , English and preferable Science) or equivalent at grades A-C. If required, we offer Functional Skills in Maths & English.
About the employer
Sparkes Pharmacy Ltd
Advanced Apprenticeship framework consists of main two qualifications:
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Pharmacy Services Skills (QCF)
- Level 3 Diploma in Pharmaceutical Science (QCF)
You will learn different range of topics including:
- Microbiology for pharmacy
- Human physiology for pharmacy
- Cardio-respiratory medicines
- Central nervous system medicines
- Pharmacy law, ethics and practice
- Different types of infections and medicines
Health - Pharmacy Services
HACKNEY COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Hackney Community College
Naeem Khan 0203 441 6729 email@example.com
Before you apply
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017