Apprentice Chef Great British Pub Company Ltd TA: Chester Fields
This is a fantastic opportunity to complete a Chef Apprenticeship working within a stunning country pub and restaurant set in the heart of the Cheshire countryside yet only 4 miles from Chester City Centre. With glorious gardens for Al Fresco country dining and private ski-style huts for drinking ice cold beer and great real ales.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
31 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
An exciting opportunity to join an ever expanding friendly team. Within this role you will be working in a busy kitchen assisting with all aspects of food preparation in line with Health & Safety and Food Safety Procedures. Your main duties will include:
- Preparing and cooking meat, fish, poultry for different dishes
- Preparing vegetable and salad ingredients
- Making soups and sauces.
- Give Customers a positive impression of self and our organisation
- Work effectively as part of a hospitality team
- Practising knife techniques including chopping, cutting, slicing dicing and trimming.
- Storing food items correctly and in rotation to minimise wastage
- Helping to order stock and maintain preparation levels to avoid shortages.
- Adhering to all standards as outlined in food safety management and health and safety legislation.
- Taking responsibility for the health, safety and welfare of all guests, colleagues and self at all times in line with company policies and procedures.
- Cleaning duties during and after service to ensure excellent standards of hygiene are delivered consistently within our kitchen
Requirements and prospects
- Punctual and reliable
- Able to work under pressure and have plenty of stamina
- A good communicator
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to follow instructions
- Able to pay careful attention to detail and health and safety
- A High standard of personal presentation and hygiene
- A strong interest in food and cooking
- A willingness to work and be pro-active
- Good standards of numeracy and literacy
About the employer
- Level 2 or 3 NVQ Diploma in Professional Cookery
- City and Guilds Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles
- Functional Skills in Maths and English
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
Catering and Professional Chefs
WEST CHESHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by West Cheshire College
Janet Brennan 01244 656 464
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017