Apprentice Nursery Assistant BARNEY BEARS NURSERY'S LTD
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with a real passion for working with Children. The candidate will be working closely with staff to ensure high class learning and development in the children’s early years.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
30 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To provide a safe, caring, stimulating educational environment, both indoors and outdoors, at all times
- To deliver an appropriate play based Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum that enables children to make individual progress
- To help ensure the preschool nursery meets Ofsted requirements at all times
- To undertake designated officer roles as directed
- To work with other professionals in the local area for the benefit of children and families
- To understand and work to preschool nursery policies and procedures, including how to deal with child protection issues appropriately and how to respond to incidents, accidents, complaints and emergencies
- To plan activities which ensure each child is working towards the early learning outcomes
- To be a key person
- To ensure records are properly maintained, e.g. daily attendance register, accident and incident book, risk assessments
Requirements and prospects
- Empathy and understanding of children under five
- Excellent verbal and communication skills with children and parents
- Ability to write reports and keep clear and accurate records
- Excellent organisational skills
- Administrative and basic IT skills
- Calm and caring nature
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Able to work on own initiative
- A commitment to quality in all areas, with a high level of motivation and enthusiasm
- Able to perform under stress
- A creative thinker
- A good sense of humour
There are no qualifications required for this role.
About the employer
- Level 2 NVQ in Childcare
- Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English, Maths, and ICT (where applicable)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Children and Young People's Workforce
Skills for Growth
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skills For Growth
James Stares 0208 221 0500 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2017