Apprentice Department Administration Assistant Lycetts Financial Services Limited
Are you looking for a career in administration and could see yourself working for a Financial Services provider? Lycetts Group are recruiting for an apprentice to assist the team with daily administrative duties.
Closing date: 08 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
16 Oct 2017
29 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The role of Department Administration Assistant comprises three principal areas of operation: filing, post and general administrative duties, each of which are outlined in detail below.
- To have an understanding of the various types of files within each department and to know where they are kept.
- To carry out filing duties in accordance with company/departmental policy to a high standard of accuracy.
- To create any new files which are required during the course of the working day and to hang these new files in the correct location.
- To ensure that all files are kept in good condition and are put away at the end of the working day.
- To review the archiving arrangements, to monitor archive files due for destruction and to oversee and manage the transition process of files from current status to archive status
- To keep the Storetec records and archiving up to date and accurate.
- To sort and open morning post ready for all departments.
- To carry out regular post pick ups around the office and where appropriate deliver external mail direct.
- To frank all post as required ready for the evening post collection.
- To help maintain the upkeep of the post room and franking machine at all times.
- To co-ordinate any mailshots
- To assist the sections with any administrative tasks which are deemed appropriate i.e. photocopying.
- To provide refreshments for meetings, if assistance is called upon from reception.
- To be prepared to undertake any other task which Lycetts deems appropriate for you to carry out.
- To provide support for Reception and the telephone switchboard.
- All incoming telephone calls to be answered in a professional manner within a minimum number of rings, and put through to the correct person without delay.
- To provide a caller with the best possible service where the intended recipient of the call is not available - either by routing the call to another member of staff, offering a voice mail facility or taking a message.
- To ensure that all written messages are delivered promptly to the recipient’s desk and that they are accurate and contain all relevant information.
- To maintain a working record, throughout the day, of who is out of the office to prevent calls being unduly delayed.
- To greet visitors promptly and courteously, issue them with visitor passes and request they sign the visitors’ book. Ensure that the Director/member of staff is aware that a visitor is waiting.
- Reception and the adjoining interview room must be kept clean and tidy at all times. Reception staff and other members of staff visiting Reception must be aware that behaviour which may compromise the professional standards of the Company, in the opinion of visitors, is not acceptable.
- To attain, maintain and improve proficiency in the use of personal computers, and to:
- Comply with employment conditions as set out in the Contract of Employment, Staff Handbook, Letter of Appointment and other ad-hoc instructions.
- Maintain an acceptable standard of attendance and punctuality.
- Make requests for holiday and notify absence due to sickness in accordance with Company policy.
- Demonstrate good communication skills [written and verbal] that are effective and meet business needs.
- Prioritise and organise own workload.
- Be capable of working without supervision.
IT Systems and Internal Procedures
- Be familiar with Lycetts IT Procedures, as per IT Procedure Manual
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Ability to remain calm and professional at all times.
- Highly organised and enthusiastic.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain internal/external relationships.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently use Microsoft Office, specifically Word and Excel.
- Team Player
- Professional and flexible
- Driven and positive
- Well presented, polite, tactful and friendly
- English and Maths at grade A – C or equivalent are desirable.
Things to consider
About the employer
Lycetts Financial Services Limited
- Full Business Administration NVQ at Level 2
- Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT.
Business and Administration
BABINGTON BUSINESS COLLEGE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by BABINGTON BUSINESS COLLEGE LIMITED
Courtney Linton 07471033883 Courtney.Linton@babingtongroup.co.uk
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 08 Oct 2017