Apprentice Light Vehicle Mechanic AC GARAGE SERVICES LIMITED
AC Garage Services consists of a small team that would support and assist a learner during their apprenticeship journey. This opportunity would include the apprentice developing skills and knowledge whilst carrying out basic service tasks and mechanic overhauls. They would also be supervised and guided by the workshop foreman.
Closing date: today
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2017
29 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
AC Garage Services are looking for candidates that have a genuine interest in automotive mechanics to complete an apprenticeship in Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Level 2. This person would preferably live in the local area and because of their location have their own or access to transport or be able to travel to work to arrive on time. A reliable and enthusiastic nature is also essential. Evidence of previous practical experience would also be desirable.
This is a varied role which would include:
- Assisting with MOT repairs
- General servicing and maintenance
- Including the replacement of service items such as oil and air filters together and the replacement of brake and suspension components
- These tasks would be carried out while being supervised and supported by the Workshop Foreman
Personal Protective Equipment must also be worn at all times, and company health and safety policies followed.
Requirements and prospects
- Good basic practical skills and evidence of previously completed practical work would be desirable but not essential
- A reliable, enthusiastic and motivated individual is required
- Own transport would also be highly desirable
- None required
About the employer
- Level 2 QCF Diploma in Motor Vehicle, Technical Certificate and ERR
- Functional Skills if not already achieved a GCSE C (or above) in Maths and English (or equivalent qualification)
Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
SOUTH DEVON COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by South Devon College
Samantha Owen email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: today