IT Apprentice Fulneck School
Estio Training have an exciting opportunity for an IT Apprentice with Fulneck School, an Independent Day and Boarding School, based in Leeds.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
20 Oct 2017
29 Aug 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Providing support to students and staff in respect of hardware, software, audio-visual, photocopiers and telephone equipment.
- Assisting with the setting up, maintenance and repair of computers, audio-visual equipment, computer-linked equipment and computer-related equipment.
- Installing and configuring software applications.
- Helping to maintain IT statistics, checklists and other documentation as necessary.
- Assisting with the upkeep of the school IT inventory.
- Helping to maintain appropriate stock levels of computer consumables and accessories.
- Maintaining satisfactory standards of safety and security in relation to computer rooms and equipment.
- Assisting in repairing or organising repairs for various computing, audio visual and telephone equipment.
- Proactively implementing the School’s policies and procedures.
- Undertaking any other relevant duties as may reasonably be requested.
Requirements and prospects
- Understanding of general ICT equipment and networking.
- Good general education, including English and Maths GCSE Grade C or equivalent.
- Ability to use initiative and to prioritise.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- Ability to think logically in order to solve problems.
- Ability to research and evaluate new software and hardware and make recommendations to line manager.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to keep difficulties/problems in perspective.
- Ability to respect confidentiality.
- Readiness to accept change.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with pupils and colleagues, both orally and in writing.
- Willingness to participate in training programmes.
- Good time-keeping.
- Attention to detail.
5 GCSEs at grades A*- C or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
About the employer
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive ten weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals and & Customer Service Skills
- Business Processes & Network Fundamentals
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
- Networking and Architecture
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
Digital Industries > Infrastructure Technician
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Grace Bonner 01133500333 Grace.Bonner@estio.co.uk
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2017