Outdoor Childcare Apprentice Baby Lion Preschools Ltd
Baby Lion Preschool are an outdoor, farm based Preschool based on a philosophy of creative learning and discovery through play. We follow Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) principles and the Reggio Emillio approach to learning. This means the majority of time is spent outside, discovering and learning through exploration of the great outdoors.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2017
£162.00 - £282.00
The current National Minimum Wage rates are £4.05 an hour for 16 - 17 year olds, £5.60 an hour for 18 - 20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship(usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
29 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Outdoor Farm Based Preschool ....’The Den’.
Baby Lion Preschools are based on a philosophy of creative learning and discovery through play. We follow Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) principles and the Reggio Emillio approach to learning.
This means the majority of time is spent outside, discovering and learning through exploration of the great outdoors.
You will be supporting children from 2 years of age with their physical and emotional development and extend their learning through daily activities.
Looking for a like minded individual who loves the outdoors as much as we do! We will be out in all weathers and conditions.
Supporting all aspects of the business.
- Working in an outdoor environment.
- Observe and monitor children's play activities.
- Keep records on individual children, including daily observations (Via Tapestry on tablets) and information about activities, meals served, and medications administered.
- Facilitate learning through cooperative play, actively joining in with the childrens play to extend and enhance their learning.
- Being a great example to children in health and personal habits such as eating, resting, and toilet habits.
- Organise and participate in recreational activities, such as games, messy play and spontaneous activities.
- Handling animals, such as chickens, sheep, rabbits and pigs. Confident in conducting yourself around animals.
- Managing key child activities through e-learning.
- Must be able to travel to a remote location.
This role would suit a friendly, confident and conscientious team player, with a solid awareness of working with children and animals.
Requirements and prospects
- Childcare experience preferred.
- Effectivec communicator.
- Operate safely.
- Happy to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Good initiative.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Easy going.
- GCSE grades A*-C in English and Maths or equivalent are essential.
- Other languages desirable.
- Duke of Edinburgh Award desirable.
Things to consider
About the employer
This Apprenticeship is delivered through Havant and South Downs College and therefore, you will be required to attend South Downs College Campus, one day a week for your training and delivery.
As an Apprentice, you will study:
- Early Years Educator, Advanced.
- Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT if required.
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities.
Children and Young People's Workforce
SOUTH DOWNS COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by South Downs College
Danielle Harding 02393879999 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2017