To provide administrative support the service office and work closely with the Co-Ordinators and the Directors.
Learning Disability Service Business Admin Apprentice
Closing date: 19 Jul 2017
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday to Friday – 9.00 – 5.00 = 35 hours per week (1 hour unpaid lunch break each day)
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
26 Jul 2017
27 Sep 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Will include many aspects of the day to day administrative running of the business, including:
- Minute taking at meetings and Service User Reviews.
- Answering the telephone.
- Updating electronic information on our staffing systems.
- Manage ordering of resources etc.
- Maintain staff and service user records.
- Organise staff training events.
- Typing, printing and sending necessary correspondence.
Requirements and prospects
- Computer Literate.
- Effective Communicator.
- Demonstrable ability to use own initiative.
- Must have a clear focus on quality.
- Must have an appropriate approach towards people with learning disabilities.
- Must be motivated and driven to improve the quality of the work undertaken.
- Good level of integrity.
- Level 2 Maths and English / GCSE Maths and English C grade or above or equivalent.
Strong possibility of a full time post upon completion of the apprenticeship. Potential to develop the role to enable business growth and development.
About the employer
At PALS we believe that people with learning difficulties have the right to be in control of their own lives. We aim to enable people to experience full and exciting lives through the application of professional support in a variety of settings. PALS Ltd is an innovative Service Provider founded in 2006 by Kirk Wells to provide specialist 1:1 support for people with learning difficulties/disabilities. PALS were pioneers in taking the approach of combining Learning Support with Social Care and we are very proud that other agencies/ providers have since attempted to emulate our approach. Winners of the 'Putting People First Award' in 2010 and 2014 PALS continues to lead the way with first class specialist services.
- NVQ Level 2 Certificate in Business & Administration.
- Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Business and Administration.
- ERR workbook.
- Functional Skills if required in English, Maths and ICT.
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Chelmsford College
Fiona Byford-Smith 01245 293009
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 19 Jul 2017