Apprentice IT Technician Stephenson Group Ltd
Estio Training have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice IT Technician with Stephenson Group, a Soap and Cosmetic Manufacturer, based in Leeds.
Closing date: 13 Nov 2017
£10,000.00 - £12,000.00
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
27 Nov 2017
25 Aug 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
This exciting role would suit someone looking to start or continue building a career in IT. To be considered for this position, you'll need to demonstrate a basic understanding of IT software/hardware, a keen interest in IT and have an aptitude for and willingness to learn new skills.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Providing 1st line hardware and software support to end users.
- Supporting all company desktops, Laptops, Printers, Apple Mac’s and Tablets.
- Escalating issues to the IT Manager.
- Managing and Maintaining all AV equipment and providing support to users.
- Software deployment and support.
- Mobile Phone hardware and software support.
- IT Administration (Backup Management, document updates, system checks).
- IT Asset Management – hardware logs, software logs, software licenses.
- Assisting in projects such as setup and administration of a new helpdesk ticketing system.
- Testing and evaluation of new technologies and Software.
- Assisting the IT Manager when required.
Requirements and prospects
- Basic level of IT hardware maintenance and repair skills.
- A basic technical understanding of Apple & Android mobile technology.
- A basic understanding of Windows operating systems (Windows 7, Windows 10).
- A willingness to learn.
- Knowledge of anti-virus software.
- A basic understanding of Windows network environments (Windows Server 2008/2012 administration).
- A basic understanding of network technologies such as DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, VOIP & VPN skills.
- Experience in a Manufacturing and Warehouse environment.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good oral and written communication.
- Assertiveness and confidence.
- Enthusiastic and a quick learner.
- Broad minded and open to being exposed to new technologies.
- A keen interest in IT and how systems work.
- Presentable and professional at all times.
5 GCSEs grades A* - C or equivalent (including English and Maths)
About the employer
Stephenson Group Ltd
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive ten weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals and & Customer Service Skills
- Business Processes & Network Fundamentals
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
- Networking and Architecture
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
Digital Industries > Infrastructure Technician
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Grace Bonner 01133500333 Grace.Bonner@estio.co.uk
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 13 Nov 2017