Nursery Officer Apprentice Footsteps Day Nursery
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with a real passion for working with Children. The candidate will be working closely with staff to ensure high class learning and development in the children’s early years.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
25 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To understand and be committed to safeguarding and whistle blowing and to put the safety and welfare of the children before any other consideration.
- To treat each child as a unique individual and to ensure that every child is valued and cherished as an individual. They must also ensure that every child’s emotional, physical and developmental needs are met.
- To provide a welcoming, safe and nurturing environment for all nursery users including children, parents, staff, students and visitors.
- To follow the leadership and guidance offered by qualified staff, your room leader and the management team in a professional and courteous manner.
- Have sufficient knowledge to comply with current legislation and the ability to refer to this legislation if required. This includes the Children's Act 2008, the Children's Act 1989, health and safety legislation, equal opportunities legislation and all other legislation relevant to the good running of the nursery.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use their own initiative
- Willing to learn
- Passion for Childcare
- Excellent time keeping
GCSE A-C Grades in Maths and English or equivalent are desirable.
Things to consider
About the employer
NVQ Level 2 Childcare and Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT if required.
Children and Young People's Workforce
Skills for Growth
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skills For Growth
James Stares 0208 221 0500 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2017