Flooring Apprentice Alan's Carpets of Loughborough Ltd
Alan’s Carpets, Loughborough is searching for an enthusiastic floor laying apprentice.
Closing date: today
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
25 Sep 2017
29 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Alan’s Carpets, Loughborough is searching for an enthusiastic floor laying apprentice. The apprenticeship will be a two year programme involving a monthly day release programme in Doncaster.
Core activities will include;
- Measuring and material estimating
- Utilising material to minimise waste
- Clearing the work area so that the work area is free, this frequently includes the removal and re hanging of doors
- Removing old flooring
- Cleaning, levelling and sealing
- Hluing, nailing floor coverings into place
- Stretching carpet over gripper rods, taping / heat-sealing
- Spraying, waxing offering the floor a protective coating
Requirements and prospects
- Good practical skills
- Good maths to allow for correct measuring, costing
- Good concentration
- Good communicator
- Ability to learn quickly
- Good listener
- Good timekeeper
- Able to adapt to different people
- Eager to learn
- GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths preferred.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Flooring Apprenticeship Level 2.
- Functional Skills Maths Level 1.
- Functional Skills English Level 1.
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR).
TOTAL PEOPLE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Total People Ltd
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: today