Apprentice Salon Assistant P M HAIRDRESSING LIMITED
Under the direction of the senior management team you will be working in these high end luxury salons supporting experienced stylists whilst gaining valuable on the job experience whilst working towards and achieving a NVQ Level 2 in Hairdressing.
Closing date: 14 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
15 Oct 2017
24 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
General salon duties include:
- Providing excellent customer service
- Meeting and greeting clients
- Making refreshments for clients
- Taking phone calls and bookings management
- Keeping the salon clean, tidy and presentable
- Mondays and Tuesdays are in house training days where you be internally tutored toward achieving a “Salon Passport” your license toward becoming a stylist
- Assisting stylists with the styling and colouring of client’s hair
- Observe and learn the correct techniques for shampooing and conditioning client’s hair
- Learn about retail products and advising clients how to maintain salon professional hair at home
Requirements and prospects
- Hard working
- Excellent customer service skills
- Well presented
- Passionate about the Hair Industry
- Willing to keep up-to-date with the latest trends, fashions, techniques and industry news
- Friendly and fun
No formal qualifications are required if commitment is shown, however 5 A*- C GCSEs or equivalent are preferred.
About the employer
P M HAIRDRESSING LIMITED
- Level 2 in Hairdressing
- Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Level 1 Functional Skills
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Induction training to be provided by the employer. Interserve Learning and Employment will provide an Intermediate Apprenticeship that will include Functional Skills and a Technical Certificate through regular 1-2-1 visits.
ESG (SKILLS) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Interserve Learning & Employment
Neil Butcher 0161 200 1880 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 14 Oct 2017