Machine Operator Apprentice Petersen Stainless Rigging Ltd
Petersen Stainless Rigging are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking individual to join their team as a Machine Operator Apprentice. The successful candidate will work towards a Level 3 Apprenticeship in Mechanical Engineering.
Closing date: 22 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
29 Sep 2017
24 Aug 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Attend and participate in all required training.
- Works safely to prevent on-the-job injuries
- Assisting and helping other members of staff when required
- Adhere to the companies policies & procedures and all Health & Safety regulations at all times
- Ensure equipment is operating correctly by utilising monitors and gauges on the equipment.
- The equipment must be adjusted and cleaned during the manufacturing process by the machine operator to make sure the parts remain within specifications.
- The machine operator loads the material into the machine in order to maintain production levels.
- Ensure each part is made within designated specifications.
- The inspection will be done for quality assurances purposes and recorded for the quality inspectors to review periodically.
- Most machine operators are not required to inspect every part but are directed to test and inspect a designated number of parts.
- During the inspection process, if a part is not within specification, where possible the machine operator will make adjustments to get the parts back into the designated limits, where this is not possible this must be reported to a Team Leader/Supervisor.
- Report all non-conformances as per agreed procedure
- Follow all agreed procedures; this includes updating system(s) and documentation where applicable.
- Follow the drawing without deviations unless signed off by higher management
- Ensure that equipment is maintained on the recommended maintenance schedule, this will include cleaning, checking fluids or greasing the equipment as directed by the maintenance department. (Check fluids coolant/white water weekly and Interlock daily (where applicable)
- The machine operator will not be responsible for calibrating the tools utilized in the production process, but will be required to ensure those tools have been calibrated at regularly schedules times. Damages must be reported
Requirements and prospects
- Able to work well under pressure and prioritise a heavy workload
- Good numerical skills.
- Must have proficiency with various software applications programs including Outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel and the Internet.
- Able to work a flexible schedule
- Good planning, organizing, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Able to multi-task
- Good attention to detail
- Willing to learn and expand the role
- Strong team player
- Demonstrate drive and enthusiasm and be self-motivated
- Exhibit professional behaviour
The right candidate should have GCSE's (Equivalent Qualification) at grades C or above in English Language and Maths.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 3 qualification in Mechanical Engineering
- Technical Certificate
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT (where required)
- Day release class
Northern Skills Group
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Northern Skills Group
Before you apply
Closing date: 22 Sep 2017