IT Field Engineer Apprentice TDM GROUP LIMITED
Our Client is an IT services company, specialising in hosting, outsourcing and consultancy services. They are looking for an IT support Apprentice to join their Field Engineer team to provide first and second line support, and to help deliver projects and provide support to clients both over the phone and face-to-face.
Closing date: 05 Oct 2017
£20,000.00 - £25,000.00
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
24 Aug 2017
Higher Level Apprenticeship
Our Client is an IT services company, specialising in hosting, outsourcing and consultancy services.
They are looking for an IT support Apprentice to join their Field Engineer team to provide first and second line support, and to help deliver projects and provide support to clients both over the phone and face to face.
- Configuration - all aspects of desktop/server hardware installation and builds, delivery to customer environment.
- Repairing or troubleshooting faulty equipment, installing and configuring hardware and software
- Resolving first line user support requests onsite and over the phone
- Responsible for travelling to client sites, in and around the UK, to deal with issues which require an onsite presence and for project work.
- You will be required to play an active role in the team, remaining flexible to support others in busy periods and be prepared for working long periods away from home. Long journey times may also be involved.
- Work as part of a team to deliver projects.
- Working in data centres to install new racks, servers, storage and network devices.
- To undertake any other duties that may reasonably be required providing assistance to remote engineers.
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to work independently and maintain a high degree of self-motivation
- Team work skills
- Organisational skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- High proficiency in English; both spoken and written
- Preferred knowledge - Windows Server 2008, 2012; Networking, Active Directory, Apple/MAC, devices, Citrix
- Excellent knowledge of desktop operating systems (XP, Vista and Windows 7,8 & 10), MAC OS and Microsoft Office
- Experience of the installation and configuration of peripheral devices; e.g. Network Printers, ADSL Routers, and LAN Switches
- Data Centre Experience recommended
- CCNA would be beneficial
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Positive attitude and energy
- Mature, calm person
- Demonstrate a confident, proactive approach which drives development for the company's clients including rationalising improvement opportunities.
- Thorough, pays attention to detail.
- Versatile, adaptable, able to handle changes to objectives, scope and area of responsibility.
- Able to work well under pressure and independently.
- At least 1-2 years' experience in a 1st Line, client facing support role
- You must have a valid UK driving licence
5 GCSEs (ideally A* - C) including Maths and English. A IT graduate with a minimum 2:2 degree will be desirable not essential.
About the employer
TDM GROUP LIMITED
You will also receive full training and support from the Just IT Apprenticeship team to increase your skills.
Your training will include gaining internationally recognised Level 4 IT qualifications.
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
JUST I.T. TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Just I T Training Limited
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 05 Oct 2017