Customer Service Assistant/ Post Office Counter Clerk Crewkerne Post Office
This is a great opportunity to join a well trusted and established organisation as a key part of their team. The successful candidate will learn all about the wide range of services offered by the Post Office and develop excellent customer service skills.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
25 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
You will be involved in selling and advising customers on a wide range of products.
Main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Serving customers in an efficient and friendly manner in the shop and post office.
- Answering telephone calls.
- Assisting customers and accurately processing the wide range of products and services provided by the Post Office, following all recognised money laundering, procedural, integrity and compliance procedures.
- Handling money and processing card transactions.
- Selling financial products and services to meet targets.
- Selling travel insurance and foreign currency.
- Replenishing and restocking shelves as required.
- Ensuring the security of the premises at all times and securely enter/leave the property setting/unsetting the alarms where necessary.
- Handling mail products for both Royal Mail (up to 20kg) and Parcelforce (up to 30kg) following the current dangerous goods and mails compliance/integrity regulations.
- Balancing the counter position at the end of the day/shift following Post Office standard accounting procedure.
- Securing all money and stock at the end of the day.
- Taking any updated procedural tests and study procedural changes as necessary, reading current “Operational Focus” and product material to keep up to date with current information.
- Following Post Office security protocol at all times.
- Any other duties as notified from time to time.
Requirements and prospects
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent communication skills, both vebal and written.
- Ability to prioritise
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent telephone manner
- Good organisation skills
The ideal candidate will be:
- Patient and able to relate to a wide variety of customers
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn
- Ideally you will have GCSE A*-C or equivalent in maths and English.
About the employer
You will undertake your apprenticeship training within the employers premises based in Crewkerne and will also have an Assessor from Yeovil College who will visit you on a regular basis and support you in working towards your portfolio. In addition, there are regular Masterclasses that you will attend at Yeovil College.
At the end of the Apprenticeship, once you are fully competent, you will then complete your end point assessment which will demonstrate your overall ability against the knowledge, skills and behaviours required.
Customer service > Customer Service Practitioner
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Yeovil College
Serena Foreman 01935 845557 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017