Business Administration Apprentice Q J Hull Ltd
This is a great opportunity for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to learn a wide range of administration skills. QJ Hull are looking to appoint a business administration apprentice to be the first point of contact to clients and visitors and present a professional image at all times.
Closing date: 08 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
24 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To answer and respond to telephone and email enquiries and relay messages - dealing with all enquiries courteously and efficiently
- To assist with the updating and maintenance of our internal database system
- To produce documentation such as letters, quotations, maintenance agreements, service call records, goods for repair forms.
- Checking emails and saving information and correspondence to quotation/job folders on the server
- Filing of office correspondence.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills, particularly a polite and professional telephone manner
- Strong administration skills
- Efficient and accurate attention to detail
- Be a proficient and experienced computer operator; in particular have good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Have the ability to work on own initiative and add value as a team player
- Possess a flexible, approachable working style
- Possess a warm, welcoming and friendly personality
- Be smart in appearance.
- A willingness to work and complete the full apprenticeship programme
- Confidence when dealing with clients and colleagues both face to face and over the phone
- Organised and committed approach, with positive attitude to work
- Ideally you should have a minimum of GCSE grade C in English & Maths or equivalent.
About the employer
You will undertake this apprenticeship within the workplace and work towards the following:
- National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) – achieved through the tasks you do at work, NVQs are proof of your ability and practical skills.
- Functional Skills– general skills that are used in every job, such as Communication and Application of Number.
- Technical Certificates – designed to improve your knowledge and understanding of specific topics related to your trade.
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities – a workbook for you to do to help you understand your rights and responsibilities as an employee, and your employer’s responsibilities towards you.
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Yeovil College
Serena Foreman 01935 845557 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 08 Oct 2017