Apprentice Design and Digital Media Assistant Berkshire Maestros
Opportunity to be part of a small, friendly marketing team in a fast-paced environment where no two days are the same. You will gain invaluable experience in this varied role and take on design responsibilities for some of the key event material, assist with the development of a new website and keep our social media sites up-to-date and effective.
Closing date: 25 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
26 Sep 2017
23 Aug 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Based with the marketing team, this role will report to the Marketing and Communications Manager. You will be part of a small, friendly team working in a fast-paced environment where no two days are the same.
You will assist with a wide range of tasks and will quickly take on responsibility for the design of some of the key event support material as well as assisting with the development of a new website and keeping our social media sites up-to-date and effective.
You will also play an important role in helping Berkshire Maestros to grow its online presence. As the course progresses and your knowledge increases, we will look to you to keep us abreast of the latest trends and technological developments.
There will be opportunities to collaborate with colleagues across the business promoting a range of projects including courses, concerts and conferences. This will include opportunities to attend events including visits to prestigious venues such as the Royal Albert Hall.
You will work with the team on a programme of brand development activity and give support to our fundraising activities.
Day-to-day duties will include:
- Assisting the marketing manager and supporting the marketing team with a wide range of marketing activities.
- Design and production of marketing materials and literature; brochures, leaflets, posters, postcards, folders and other items as required.
- Updating and maintaining the marketing department's documentation and databases and assisting in managing this data in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act and other regulations as applicable.
- Uploading marketing material to online libraries, internet groups and social media sites.
- Assisting with design and maintenance of the corporate website and related websites. Occasionally preparing material for partner websites.
- Liaising with teaching staff, orchestras and choirs to provide promotional support for lessons, courses and concerts.
- Liaising with event administrators to provide promotional support including; posters, banners etc. for events. This may include attendance at some events outside of normal hours.
- Updating and developing our social media sites and working to grow our social media presence.
- Supporting the marketing and fundraising officer with the preparation of grant applications, sponsorship packages and other fundraising activities.
- Assisting with the preparation of support materials for senior management such as slide sets, handouts, business cards etc.
- Undertake other duties commensurate with the post that may be assigned by the marketing and communications manager from time to time.
This role will provide an opportunity to see how a local charity works. The organisation is large enough to provide experience of a serious business environment but small enough to ensure full involvement in a range of activities, direct contact with senior managers and a chance to visit other departments to learn about the wider business.
Where possible, you will be given opportunities to focus on projects and/or work areas in which you have a particular interest or which support your course work.
You will play an important part in the team from the very early days but will be offered plenty of support to help you grow into your role.
Requirements and prospects
- Good Spoken and written English
- Basic numeracy skills
- Excellent people skills
- Creative Flair
- An understanding of design
- IT skills (including some knowledge of Adobe packages)
- Administration and organisational skills
- Some commercial awareness
- 5 GCSE’s including English and Maths
- A creative or design-related subject would be beneficial
- IT qualification would be advantageous
Things to consider
About the employer
On-the-job training will be provided to achieve all aspects of the role requirements. On-going support will be offered by the Line Manager and your Newbury College Assessor to achieve the Apprenticeship.
The Apprenticeship will include;
- Competence Qualification: Edexcel NVQ Diploma Level 3 in Creative & Digital Media
- Knowledge Qualification: BTEC Certificate Level 3 in Creative & Digital Media
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT (All Level 2)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
The competence qualification is assessed in the workplace. The knowledge qualification requires attendance at College to undertake the selected optional units. (Functional Skills tuition is delivered at Newbury College, if required).
Creative and Digital Media
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Newbury College
Business Team, Newbury College 01635 845229 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 25 Sep 2017