Salon Apprentice Harvey Nichols 2nd Floor Restaurant & Brasserie
An excellent opportunity to achieve Hair Professional NVQ Level 2 in Hairdressing. The high quality training and experienced team make the salon the ultimate destination for beauty brands and services in the city. SHOW Dry require an apprentice to be confident, reliable and most of all have the desire to work hard to build a long lasting career.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
29 Sep 2017
23 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
As an apprentice, you will be involved in all aspects of the salon, including:
- Deliver exceptional customer service to every client.
- Wash, condition and use treatments on hair.
- Assist with mixing colours.
- Assist with hair styling including blow dry’s, hair up, straighteners etc.
- Learn how to cut and colour hair on models in salon and at the training school (20% of hours).
- Keep a clean and tidy salon.
- Ensure all clients are offered a tea or coffee and been seated/ gowned up.
- Assist with booking appointments.
- Bring in models for training nights when required.
Requirements and prospects
The desired* skills the successful candidate will possess are:
- To be passionate about the Hair & Beauty/ fashion industry,
- To be confident that you want to pursue a career within the hairdressing industry,
- To use their own initiative and still able to follow instructions well.
*These are only desired skills and are NOT a requirement.
Desired qualities of all our apprentices are:
- To be punctual and efficient,
- Conduct themselves in a polite and professional manner at all times at the Training school and in salon,
- To be customer focused and want to go that extra mile always,
- To present themselves appropriately and accommodate to the salon requirements if necessary i.e. cover tattoo’s/ piercings, wear and maintain a uniform etc,
- To put 100% into their course and take their career seriously to achieve their qualification,
- No entry requirements for this qualification at present. Unless exempt*, Mathematics and English Functional Skills will be delivered to all apprentices at Level 1 or 2.
*Full proof of qualifications are required. This could be Functional Skills Certificates that you have achieved previously or GCSE Grades at A*-C.
Things to consider
About the employer
- The successful candidate will secure a place at Michaeljohn Training School, where they will complete their Hairdressing Professional qualification alongside qualifications in Functional Skills in Maths and English.
- A minimum of 20% of your contracted working hours will be focused on practical training at the Training School and the salon i.e. if you work 30 hours per week you will complete a minimum of 6 hours training per week.
Hair and Beauty > Hair Professional
Michael John Training Manchester
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Michaeljohn
Donna Louise Thorpe 01618192662 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017