Apprentice Energy and Environment Officer Hull & East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust
To assist the current Sustainability team in providing support and management in a range of areas within the department.
Closing date: today
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
24 Aug 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Working alongside existing staff to provide an effective and efficient service to a range of areas within the department including:
- produce electronic documents / information from a range of sources
- Handling correspondence (incoming/outgoing)
- Dealing with telephone enquiries
- Maintenance of accurate and up-to-date data using electronic systems
- Recording and updating information on a range of computer based systems
- Maintenance of files according to Trust, National and Legal Policies and Procedures
- Arrange meetings as appropriate
- Support the management and monitoring of resources within the department
- Support in the reviewing of data sets, aiding the identifying of anomalies and opportunities
- Support/Assist in the development of energy and environmental projects
- Ensure compliance with national guidelines and legislation.
- Make and receive telephone calls and act as the first point of contact for enquiries, responding to or refer on as appropriate.
- Maintain effective communication and teamwork within the department.
- Support and promote the energy and environmental agenda across the Trust
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
- Undertake mandatory education, learning and development according to Trust policy.
- Undertake the full apprenticeship framework, identified as appropriate to the role (see 10.1).
- Attend further education, learning and development activities as identified in the appraisal process.
PERFORMANCE AND RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- Maintain complete confidentiality with regard to all issues.
- Ensure Senior Staff are made aware of any workload problems or any potentially difficult or sensitive issues.
- Ensure compliance with Trust, National and Legal Policies and Procedures.
DECISION MAKING AND ADVICE
- Take appropriate action to clarify points of detail to ensure sufficient information is available for management action, or to action if appropriate.
INITIATING AND IMPLEMENTING CHANGE
- Ensure work is prioritised, making a daily assessment of time sensitive issues, and advise managers accordingly.
- Assist to explore and develop energy and environmental projects and opportunities to deliver efficiencies and savings.
QUALITY AND CLINICAL GOVERNANCE
- Ensure that data and document quality standards are adhered to.
- Ensure good office practice is maintained and promoted.
- Ensure that legal compliance is observed and maintained during audits.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- You are required to inform your Line Manager of any safety issues that could affect you or others in the workplace. You are responsible for your own health and safety, and must co-operate with management at all times in achieving safer work processes and workplaces, particularly where it can impact on others.
- You will be trained in the correct use of any equipment provided to improve health and safety within the Trust. You are required to use the equipment when necessary and as instructed. It is your responsibility to ensure the equipment is safe to use, prior to its use, and must report any defects immediately to your Line Manager.
- In addition to the Trust's overall responsibilities under the Health Act Code of Practice for the Prevention of Health Care Acquired Infections, for your safety, you have a personal responsibility to ensure that your work adheres to this Code in the delivery of safe patient care within the organisation.
- This is a fixed term Apprentice post, which requires post holders to complete an Advanced (Level 3) Apprenticeship Framework in Support Services in Healthcare delivered by HYA Training
- This job description is not meant to be exhaustive. It describes the main duties and responsibilities of the current post. It may be subject to change in the light of developing organisational and service needs, and wherever possible change will follow consultation with the post holder.
Requirements and prospects
- Able to plans own day, works flexibly to get the job done on time, and ensures work is carried out to quality standards
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages (e.g. Word, Excel etc)
- Ability to operate office equipment e.g. telephone, fax, photocopier etc.
- Able to make simple decisions, in line with agreed Policies and Procedure e.g. prioritisation of work, appropriate release of sensitive information.
- Able to clearly interpret oral or written information and instructions.
- Able to communicate information in a clear and logical manner.
- Able to maintain filing systems (manual and computerised).
- The post will be demanding so we are looking for candidates who are ready for the challenge and share our values of care, honesty, and accountabilit
- You must have good communication skills, experience of dealing with people and be enthusiastic and flexible
- You will be employed on an 18 month apprenticeship where you will develop skills and work towards the Level 3 (Advanced) Support Services in Health Care, which is essential to the role.
- Applicants need to hold a minimum of 3 GCSE grades A*-C and a minimum Level 1 in Numeracy and Literacy (GCSE Grade D/new grade 3)
- You must be aged 16 or over and have been resident in the UK/EU for the last three years
- You must not hold a similar qualification (including apprenticeship) at Level 3 or higher and you must not be in any form of formal government-funded education
- Applicants who already have/close to completing the Level 3 Support Services in Health Care apprenticeship are also not eligible.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Support Services, may also need to complete upto a Level 2 in Maths & English
Health - Healthcare Support Services
HYA TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by HYA Training Ltd
Lauren Sutton 01482 211778 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: today