Technical Apprentice (Electro-Mechanical) VWS (UK) LTD
As Technical Apprentice you will learn skills related to product development and electro-mechanical design while attending day release courses to achieve academic qualifications. This role is regarded as ‘on the job training’ and the apprentice will be expected to assist the Research and Development team in the development of new projects.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
04 Oct 2017
22 Aug 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Develop and understanding of engineering/electronic desing and development practices
- Complete a record of the training agreed with a training provider
- Support Development and Controls Engineers in the development of our products
- Manufacture prototype parts and test apparatus used during product development
- Spend time in other ELGA LabWater departments to gain an appreciation of other business activites.
- Become proficient in the use of drawing and modelling packages, ultimately producing drawings for final production parts. Creo (Pro Engineer) and Auto Cad.
- Develop a detailed understanding of manufaturing technologies, how processes can be applied and made more efficient.
- Ensure development areas are kept clean and tidy and that all necessary tools and equipment are maintained.
- Visit suppliers with Developement Engineers and Quality Engineers to gain experience in negotiation, as well as developing a deeper understanding of manufacturing processes and their limitations
Requirements and prospects
- A practical aptitude for electronics and technology.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written, with the versatility to communicate at all levels in a clear and concise manner.
- Keen to work and develop as an individual and within a team.
- A good level of IT competency
- Good organisational skills with an eye for detail.
- Able to priortise workload and manage multiple tasks.
In addition can you say ‘yes’ to the following questions?
- Are you self-motivated and able to work on your own initiative?
- Are you a team player?
- Are you calm under pressure?
- Are you eager to learn and able to retain information?
- Desire to learn
5 x GCSEs at grade A-C or 1-4 including Maths, English and Science (or equivalent).
Things to consider
About the employer
VWS (UK) LTD
- 13 Week Block release delivered at ATG Training
- Weekly day release to complete technical certificate (1 year)
- Regular training officer visits to observe and assess
- Gateway and end point assessments
Engineering and manufacturing > Engineering Technician
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by ATG Training
Farrah Hussain 01865 550866 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2017