Production Engineering Apprentice VWS (UK) LTD
The key duty for the Apprentice Production Engineer is to complete the Veolia Apprenticeship programme in partnership with ATG Training.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
04 Oct 2017
22 Aug 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
The suitable candidate:
• Will be required to identify and produce any tooling, jigs or fixtures for different teams across the manufacturing facility.
• Working within the Production Engineering team, the Apprentice Production Engineer will be key in the effective and smooth transition of new products/modifications from Engineering Ind dept.
• Will be required to produce documentation in order to manufacture products in the most efficient way.
• Will support all areas of the manufacturing plant equipment, eg the machinery, tooling, rigs etc.
• Will be required to work on special external projects coming through the business. This could include release of certain products.
• Will be responsible for identifying cost saving methods and implementing solutions.
• Will be responsible for investigating any quality issues in the manufacturing facility.
Requirements and prospects
- Keen to learn.
5 x GCSEs at grade A-C including Maths, English and Science (or equivalent).
- A practical aptitude for electronics and technology.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written, with the versatility to communicate at all levels in a clear and concise manner.
- Keen to work and develop as an individual and within a team.
- A good level of IT competency
- Good organisational skills with an eye for detail.
- Able to priortise workload and manage multiple tasks.
In addition can you say ‘yes’ to the following questions?
- Are you self-motivated and able to work on your own initiative?
- Are you a team player?
- Are you calm under pressure?
Are you eager to learn and able to retain information?
Things to consider
About the employer
VWS (UK) LTD
- 13 Week Block release delivered at ATG Training
- Weekly day release to complete technical certificate (3 years)
- Regular training officer visits to observe and assess
- Gateway and end point assessments
Engineering and manufacturing > Engineering Technician
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by ATG Training
Farrah Hussain 01865 550866 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2017