Facilities Operations Apprentice THE NATIONAL COLLEGE FOR HIGH SPEED RAIL LIMITED
To assist in all aspects relating to the Management and maintenance of the Building Fabric, IT Services and Grounds of the College campus facilities.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
04 Oct 2017
23 Aug 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Duties to include:
- To assist the Facilities Manager with the procurement of specialist service contracts including the FM site teams and then monitor the day to day activities to ensure standards and expectations are met.
- Assist with monitoring and maintaining Statute and periodic HS&E inspection checklists and reports.
- Support the Facilities Manager with HS&E audits and inspections as necessary to include RAMS.
- To assist with PPM and Lifecycle planning to minimize College Disruption.
- Assist with Set-up and clearance of Rooms for Conference/Hospitality use as necessary.
- To assist the IT department with installing and configuring of software applications.
- To help produce and maintain FM and IT statistics, reports, checklists and other documentation as necessary.
- To assist with the upkeep of the College FM and IT inventory.
- To help maintain appropriate stock levels of FM and IT consumables and accessories and to raise purchase orders as necessary ensuring that value for money is obtained.
- To monitor standards of safety and security throughout the Colleges, reporting any concerns as necessary.
- To set up, maintain and organize repairs for Building Fabric, IT, audio-visual and telephone equipment.
- To be aware of and abide by the College health and safety procedures and associated polices.
Requirements and prospects
- Problem solving skills
- Knowledge of IT technologies and equipment
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Working as part of a team
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people in a professional manner, face to face, on the telephone and in writing.
- Ability to plan and prioritize work load without supervision.
- English, Maths and ICT GCSE levels A-C (or equivalent) are desirable
- Some experience with ICT in the workplace and experience within a facilities environment or sector would be advantageous
About the employer
- Level 3 Certificate in Facilities Management Practice (Competence NVQ)
- Level 3 Certificate in the Principles of Facilities Management (Knowledge/Technical cert.)
- English Functional Skills L2 (unless exemptions apply)
- Maths Functional skills (unless exemptions apply)
- Employee rights and responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal learning & thinking skills (PLTS)
PROGRESS TO EXCELLENCE LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Progress To Excellence Ltd
Angela Fox 01516506933 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017