ICT Technician Apprentice Woodford County High School For Girls
Our Client is an all-girls secondary school based in East London. They are looking for a committed and professional individual whom will be assisting with the development, operation and maintenance of the School’s ICT infrastructure.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2017
£10,400.00 - £14,664.00
Total hours per week: 37.30
Possible start date
04 Oct 2017
22 Aug 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Our Client is an all-girls secondary school based in East London. The school is an happy and cohesive community. An environment which liberates young women to take the risks and embrace the challenges that will prepare them for their future roles and responsibilities as leaders in tomorrow’s society.
They are looking for a committed and professional individual whom will be assisting with the development, operation and maintenance of the School’s ICT infrastructure.
KEY DUTIES –
- Assist with the installation, testing and roll out of new software and hardware
- Help keep all IT equipment clean and operational
- Troubleshoot any basic technology issues
- Make minor repairs if and when necessary
- Ensure dedicated ICT areas are ready for use each day and that they are in good working order at the end of each day
- Setup equipment for use in Computing lessons when required (Raspberry Pi), and or for hardware practical’s.
- carry out preventative maintenance of hardware regularly, repairing simple faults or reporting more complicated faults to the other members of the department.
- Carry out necessary maintenance of school printers and replace printer cartridges as required
- To accurately record, update and monitor incidents and or requests using the IT on line service desk system (Spiceworks)
- To provide clerical and administrative support as directed
- To maintain the departments IT asset management system and ensure cleanliness of ICT equipment
- To order supplies as directed
- Be actively involved in the school’s continuous improvement and development of ICT
- Research current and potential resources and services
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to work independently and maintain a high degree of self-motivation
- Team work skills
- Organisational skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Familiar with a range of I.T packages e.g. word, excel and outlook
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Positive attitude and energy
- Mature, calm person
- Able to use initiative and can learn how to prioritize workload.
- To work accurately, paying attention to detail.
- Undertakes a range of different tasks and, is prepared to be flexible.
- Ability to follow instructions and work within set procedures and deadlines.
- Able to handle confidential information.
5 GCSEs (ideally A* - C) including Maths and English.
About the employer
Woodford County High School For Girls
You will also receive full training and support from the Just IT Apprenticeship team to increase your skills.
Your training will include gaining internationally recognised Level 3 IT qualifications.
Digital Industries > Infrastructure Technician
JUST I.T. TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Just I T Training Limited
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2017