Software Development Apprentice - 12610 Paloma Systems Ltd
This role would suit someone with a knowledge of computer programming and software development, someone who would like to further their knowledge of software development in a commercial working environment, but who does not wish to follow the traditional University route.
Closing date: 30 Nov 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
04 Dec 2017
21 Aug 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
The role is interesting and diverse, so it requires a good team player with communication skills and problem solving abilities. It involves not only learning the techniques of software development but how projects are managed and software developed in relation to the client’s requirements and time schedules.
This position is an apprenticeship through QAA.
The training will cover:
- Software & Web Development Level 3 Apprenticeship, Oracle Certified Associate, MTA Software Development Fundamentals.
- The Key learning outcomes are C# fundamentals, Intermediate C#, Web fundamentals, Data modelling and System development fundamentals.
Main role/ responsibilities
- Carry out client hand-overs with a member of the sales team and give details about the team, processes and the implementation of the system
- Using checklists follow the process to setup clients including arranging a new system, booking training dates and creating user accounts
- Accurately log all client communication by phone and email in our client's internal Admin System
- Liaise with internal departments to progress issues, generate quotations, book resources and generally gather information to be able to answer client queries
- Achieve performance standards by following department processes, meeting deadlines for queries and pro-actively calling the existing client base to promote products/services
- Maintain a high level of knowledge about our client's software in order to support our clients and log defects and enhancements that are requested by them
Requirements and prospects
Qualities / essential requirements
- Experience in a customer service or customer facing role desirable
- Experience of using MS Word, Outlook and Excel
- General IT aptitude with ability to learn new systems quickly
- Confident telephone manner with the ability to promote products and negotiate
- Able to build strong working relationships both internally and with clients
- Strong time management and organisation skills
- Good team working skills, but with ability to take responsibility for tasks through to completion
Someone with an enthusiastic and professional attitude and a commitment to learning new skills.
6 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C including Maths plus GCSE English (or equivalent) at grade D or above
Things to consider
About the employer
Paloma Systems Ltd
Approximately 11% of training takes place in the QA learning centre classroom. 9% is done in the workplace, through online training, face-to-face meetings with your QA Technical Skills Coach, or developing your portfolio. The remaining time will be spent on your workplace activity.
Digital Industries > Software Development Technician
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by QA Limited
0345 074 7825 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Nov 2017