Apprentice Web Developer CHIP PARADE LTD
Estio Training has an exciting new opportunity for an Apprentice Web Developer with Chip Parade, a Hosting and Telecoms Company, based in central Bradford.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
16 Oct 2017
22 Aug 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Take customer requirements and design a website to suit their needs, objectives and user experience
Creation of websites using WordPress and other content management systems -
- Ongoing maintenance
Microsoft Hosted Exchange:
- Setting up and making changes to user accounts
- Trouble shooting issues reported by clients
- Training clients on how to use the service
- Setting up hosting packages and installing software to them
- Monitoring and responding to issues with websites
- Website backups and restoration
General customer support:
- Taking and responding to client’s calls and emails
- Logging tickets and tasks
- Prioritising and actioning tickets and tasks
Additional Secondary Duties:
- Assisting in the running of websites and projects owned by the company, including our community news site
- Assisting in the running the companies social media accounts
- Graphical design
- Designing logos, banners and artwork for clients
Requirements and prospects
- Analytical thinking - troubleshooting
- Competent use of word processing, spreadsheet and email software
- Competent use of Microsoft Windows 7 or above
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment
- Strong interest in web design/development
- To manage all tasks effectively and efficiently
- Act professional at all times
- Excellent communication skills
5 GCSE’s at grades A*- C or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
About the employer
CHIP PARADE LTD
The Estio Training programme gives people the opportunity to get practical experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive ten weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Software Development Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional Skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Level 3 Diploma in Professional Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- PLTS and ERR
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
Digital Industries > Software Development Technician
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Luke Metcalf 01133500333 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2017