Childcare Apprentice (Heysham) Kingsway Playgroup & Pre-School Centre
To learn how to provide good quality care, education and play opportunities for children 0-5 years, providing equal opportunities with support from your team. To contribute to the Children’s Nursery as an outstanding setting, while working towards achieving your Apprenticeship.
Closing date: 25 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
18 Oct 2017
21 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
1. To learn how to work as part of a team and to have input into the planning of a programme of care, education and play activities for children 0-5 years.
2. To support children during mealtimes so they are a time of pleasant social sharing, encouraging manners and conversation.
3. To be polite and friendly to all staff, parents and children.
4. To contribute towards providing a warm, friendly and stimulating environment, offering good quality play, care and education both indoors and outdoors.
5. To contribute in team meetings.
6. Have a commitment to personal and professional development.
7. To have an understanding of Safeguarding Policies and Health & Safety Hygiene standards, this will include domestic duties, associated to the care of children.
8. To have an understanding of Ofsted, work within current legislation and the Company’s, Policies and Procedures
9. To have an understanding of good practice with regard to Special Needs and Inclusion.
10. To have high standards of confidentiality in relation to roles, tasks and responsibilities described above.
11. To undertake such other duties as directed by senior staff, appropriate to that of a Childcare Apprentice.
Requirements and prospects
Ability to work as part of a team
Can use own initiative
Good standard of English & Maths
Good communication skills - verbal & written
Kind, helpful person, with a caring nature, passionate about working with children
Well presented, clean & tidy
Previous experience of young siblings / childminding would be an advantage
No specific qualifications required, but must have achieved a decent level of English & maths.
About the employer
Kingsway Playgroup & Pre-School Centre
Full training, guidance & support to achieve NVQ level 2 & associated Functional Skills (if required).
Children and Young People's Workforce
TRAINING WORKS (NW) LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Training Works
Phil Bonell 07974072927 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 25 Sep 2017