IT Technician Apprentice COMPUTER SOLUTIONS ATHERSTONE LIMITED
Looking to start your IT career within a busy computer repair shop in a practical role with training? Are you customer focused, passionate about IT and would like to work for a small friendly team? If so this could the opportunity for you.
Closing date: 26 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
29 Sep 2017
24 Aug 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Working for a small, friendly business the role will be varied and include:
- Working in the work shop to repair computers, mobile phones, ipads, laptops, etc
- Answering the telephone
- Resolving basic IT errors over the telephone
- Serving customers IT related products in the shop
- Ensuring a high level of customer service at all times
- Updating the computer system with customer details, etc
- Handling customer enquiries face to face and also over the phone
- Sending and responding to emails
- Assisting with keeping the computer shop clean, tidy and fully stocked
- Assisting with stock control of IT related products
Candidates must be able to travel easily as you will be working at two IT repair stores. You must have a keen interest in IT and have excellent customer service skills.
Requirements and prospects
Computer literate, customer service
Drive, ambition, a passion for IT and a people person.
Ideally a minimum 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Things to consider
About the employer
Throughout the duration of your Apprenticeship you will be required to attend the 3aaa Technology Academy in Birmingham for up to 12 weeks on a block release basis for structured training. The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace with your Employer. You will work towards a Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship for IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals. The qualifications consist of:
- Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
- L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
- L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 26 Sep 2017