Warehouse and Storage Apprentice Onsite
To assist in the maintenance all plant, equipment, fixtures and fittings required for the efficient delivery of all work streams as required. To assist in stock/equipment control of all clean water services.
Closing date: 17 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
20 Oct 2017
22 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Assist the maintenance and occasional repairs to plant and equipment involved in the delivery of all services. Provide general assistance when required.
- Maintain accurate records of materials and equipment issued from stores.
- Carry out and record regular audits of plant and equipment on vehicles and in stores.
- Bring to the attention of the management team any faults, defects or omissions and make suggestions for additions and/or improvements.
- File all recorded audit sheets.
- Assist in stores with issuing of materials and fittings, return of unused stock and maintenance of impressed stock on vehicles.
- Maintain a detailed record of fittings issued and thus maintain appropriate stock levels.
- Assist with site deliveries and collections and any other duties required to ensure smooth operation of the business.
- Via line management discuss any operational improvement ideas.
- Provide support to Line Manager in striving for maximum efficiency within Department.
- Ensure that all plant, equipment and stock are purchased through the procurement system using the administrators to raise appropriate orders.
- Advise line manager of any extraordinary costs that are likely to be incurred before the event.
- Ensure all invoices, receipts and goods received notes are passed to relevant administrator.
- Be conscious of cost when ordering stock or any other items, and discuss concerns with Line Manager.
- Comply with current recording systems for plant and equipment.
- Ensure that all plant, equipment and stock are purchased correctly through the procurement system.
- Report immediately to relevant line manager any discrepancies found.
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to communicate information clearly and concisely
- Ability to control all areas in a clean, organized and orderly manner.
- Interested about the range of equipment, fittings and materials in use for repairs, new installations and reinstatement
- A “roll your sleeves up and get stuck in” approach working hard to get things right first time with attention to detail
- A team player who is flexible in their approach to the role.
- Always punctual with an excellent attendance record
About the employer
Certificate in Warehousing & Storage skills level 2, Employees Rights and Responsibilities and Personal Learning and Thinking Skills.
Functional skills Maths and English
Warehousing and Storage
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nova Training Ltd
Rachael Hancher 07496568668 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 17 Oct 2017