Customer Service Intermediate Apprenticeship at the NEC Group OCS Group UK Limited
Working at the NEC, Barclaycard Arena, Genting Arena & ICC/VOX, you will gain work experience in various customer service roles within some of the UK’s busiest exhibition and event venues.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
02 Nov 2017
18 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Your work role will vary over the year, changing departments and venues on a rota to ensure you gain experience and knowledge within the various departments of OCS, learning what it takes behind the scenes to look after our customers.
Security Teams – Are responsible for ensuring the customers’ journey is excellent throughout; this includes:
- checking areas are safe from hazards,
- controlling entry/exit/movement of customers,
- seating customers
- checking tickets
- answering questions
- monitoring crowds
- dealing with incidents/emergencies during shows
- liaising with other professionals
Traffic and Car Park Operations – Are responsible for ensuring the customers’ journey is seamless. They are responsible for work placed transport, this includes:
- entry/exit/movement of vehicles and people around NEC grounds
- parking vehicles
- maintaining free flowing traffic
- liaising with highways agency
- responding to incidents and road traffic collisions
Helpdesk Co-Ordinator - A key member of the OCS NEC Group Soft Services Contract Team you will form part of a team delivering a centralised Helpdesk Service for hard and soft services to the NEC Group Venues and Symphony Hall. This role will be seen as an expert in Helpdesk Services, CAFM system operation and hard/soft services job progression in line with customer excellence standards to achieve and exceed contractual standards of performance and quality call handling.
Interview / Start Dates - we will be interviewing throughout the time of the advert being open and may be able to offer an earlier start date.
Requirements and prospects
- Candidates should have excellent verbal, written and ICT skills.
- Display customer focused behaviour.
- Be confident with an outgoing personality with good organisational skills.
- Must work as part of a team with a collaborative approach.
- Good planning and organising abilities, able to priorities and organise their work.
- Adaptability and flexibility, within the role you will be required to multi-task and have openness to new ideas and concepts.
- Willingness to learn and develop within the organisation.
- Must have a 5 year checkable work history, the correct right to work documents, a full CV, and 2 personal references.
- CRB check (this can be done as part of the application process if you don’t already have this).
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Methodical work pattern.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to work in a pressurised environment and meet deadlines.
- Enjoyment of music and entertainments.
- Must be committed to assisting in the provision of an efficient service.
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent.
- GCSE Grade C or above in English & Maths.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Lv 2 Diploma in Customer Service
- Functional Skills Lv 1 / Lv 2 in English and Maths if required
EVENTCOVER EDUCATION LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Eventcover Education
Lisa Robinson 01915878127 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017