Production Apprentice PROUD INDUSTRIAL LIMITED
An excellent opportunity to join an innovative and friendly company as a Production Apprentice. Dancing Mole designs and manufactures its products using the latest CNC machinery and design software and sells its products worldwide.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
18 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Below is a list of the tasks to be undertaken on a regular basis.
- Loading materials onto the CNC cutting machines.
- Cleaning down the CNC machines and undertaking weekly service checks.
- Unloading CNC machines and cleaning down and deburring cut products.
- Checking the quality of manufactured products.
- Placing manufactured items into stores in the correct locations.
- Checking in deliveries.
- Fullfilling orders by taking correct items from stock, wrapping and boxing up for despatch.
- Stock management of materials, packaging and finished items.
- Pre-assembly of postal boxes.
- Assisting with set up of special cutting equipment.
- Assisting with set up of photographic equipment.
- Assisting in the paint spraying booth.
- We are developing new products on an ongoing basis and the apprentice will be required to take on additional responsibilities as and when required.
Requirements and prospects
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to work both as a member of a team and on their own.
- Enjoys manual work and is a quick learner.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Keen to learn.
- Good communication skills.
GCSE (or equivalent) grade C or above in Maths and Science/Engineering/Technology.
Things to consider
About the employer
PROUD INDUSTRIAL LIMITED
The Intermediate Apprenticeship in Improving Operational Performance is a Level 2 Apprenticeship that is primarily for those who are seeking to start a career in the engineering or manufacturing sectors. The Apprenticeship equips apprentices with the essential skills and knowledge to carry out a range of engineering and manufacturing processes at semi-skilled and operator level, whilst providing a firm foundation from which to progress and develop a career.
The PEO pathway provides an all-round grounding in fundamental engineering operations and techniques. The pathway includes core units relating to; working safely in an engineering environment, carrying out engineering activities efficiently and effectively and using and communicating technical information. In addition, a wide range of unit options are available to select from.
Improving Operational Performance
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Eastleigh College
Matt 02380 911 170 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2017