Payroll & Pension Administrator Apprentice Ashgates Accountants & Business Advisors
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within an estate agents. You will be working in a busy environment as part of a team. Starting by learning the ropes and hopefully progressing into a great career opportunity with Ashgate Accountants.
Closing date: 22 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
22 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Ashgates is a progressive,proactive and friendly accountancy and advisory practice with 5 partners and 80 staff at offices based on Pride Park.
We require a highly motivated individual with at least 5 GCSE's grade A to C including Maths and English (or expected/or equivalent), they must be able to work to tight deadlines and work as part of a team.
The successful applicant will deal with all aspects of the day to day running of our client payrolls which will include:
- The processing of monthly/weekly payrolls
- Producing, checking and distributing payslips
- Dealing with enquiries and requests relating to payroll & pension
- Maintaining payroll/pension information by calculating and entering data
- General admin duties
Experience not necessary as full training will be provided
Requirements and prospects
- Competent in Microsoft packages
- Confident in speaking to people over the phone
- Good organisational skills
- To be able to prioritise workloads
- Good written communication
- The ability to use own initiative
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- Highly motivated
- Able to work to deadline
- Able to work as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- At least 5 GCSE’s grades A-C or expected (or equivalent)
About the employer
Ashgates Accountants & Business Advisors
- Full on-the-job training and support will be provided to enable the successful applicant to undertake the full range of duties required of the role
- In addition, training will also be provided towards the Apprenticeship in Business Administration Level 2 through in-house delivery
The Business Administration Level 2 consists of the following:
- Level 2 NVQ in Business Administration
- Technical certificate
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional Skills in Literacy and Numeracy
Business and Administration
BABINGTON BUSINESS COLLEGE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Babington Business College
Masood Mohammadi 01332 345450 Masood.Mohammadi@Babingtongroup.co.uk
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 22 Oct 2017