A fantastic opportunity to join a successful logistics company, one of the largest global sea-freight consolidators in the world. You will be a key member supporting two busy teams, fully supported to develop and progress within the organisation.
Apprentice Admin & Export Traffic Clerk
Vanguard Logistics Services Limited
Closing date: 02 Jul 2017
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday to Friday, 9.00am – 5.30pm
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
03 Jul 2017
26 Sep 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Working within the Export division of the business, this role is to support both the Operations and the Documentation departments.
- For the Documentation department, you will manage an email inbox that receives between 300 to 400 order confirmations per day.
- You will review the documents attached to each request, ensuring all details have been completed correctly, before entering the details onto a database and forwarding on to the relevant person, within Vanguard Logistics.
- The Operations department manages the Customs & Excise requirements for the goods being transported.
- The main function is to input the details of the freight into a database and ensure the Customs & Excise requirements are adhered to.
- Maintain current operating procedures to ensure they operate safely and in compliance with all regulations.
- Safe and timely carriage of freight, handling of hazardous cargos.
- You will check all pre-shipment arrangements and documentation, and confirm all details are correct and current.
- As your knowledge develops you will in time communicate directly with clients by telephone and email, ensuring that the highest level of Customer Service is maintained.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication (telephone / face to face / email)
- IT Literate – Microsoft Office
- Outgoing and confident personality with a flexible attitude to an often demanding role
- Excellent attention to detail and able to prioritise workload
- Strong team player with high levels of concentration
- Grades C and above in GCSE (or equivalent) Maths and English
Potential to secure full time permanent employment, at the end of the apprenticeship programme Train and develop industry knowledge to progress within the logistics sector.
About the employer
Vanguard Logistics Services are an import / export business, based in Maldon, Essex. They facilitate a network of transportation solutions to the freight forwarding industry including ocean, air and land transport consolidation along with a range of ancillary services covering warehousing, logistics, inventory management, information and consultation services. The company fully supports the Apprenticeship programme and currently employ 5 Apprentices in various departments, of which 2 have already achieved promotion within 1 year of starting.
TheLightBulb will provide the full Business & Administration apprenticeship framework. This will include the three day Technical Certificate course and exam.
You will also do your Functional Skills (Maths, English & ICT) if required
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The LightBulb Limited
Andrea Gregory 01268 270648
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 02 Jul 2017