Advanced Hairdressing Apprenticeship Mancini
Mancini have a great opportunity for a Level 3 Apprentice to join their team of professional hairdressers. It will be an immediate start for any successful candidates.
Closing date: 16 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
17 Oct 2017
17 Aug 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Mancini is a lovely boutique salon based in Shepshed, Loughborough. Mancini Hairdressers in Loughborough offers a complete range of beauty services to leave you feeling truly pampered. They take to time to make sure their customers are relaxed and feeling pampered. By starting an apprenticeship with Mancini you will be kick starting your career in hairdressing. The aim will be making sure you are friendly and creating a welcoming atmosphere for the clients and building up your own relationships to become successful in the industry.
As for the duties you will be completing day to day:
- Initially shadowing stylists to see what different techniques and styles they use for different clients
- You will be shampooing and conditioning customers ready for their cut
- Booking appointments in with hairdressers onto the system
- Answering the telephone and any queries that they may have about the salon or about the services
- Greeting the clients and offering them drinks and magazines
- All training duties asked and taught by the manager and team
- Lots of observations and bringing models in to practise on
- You will then be moved onto cut and colours of your own clients once comfortable with different styles
Requirements and prospects
To be successful in this salon, you will need a set of skills that include:
- Be a team worker
- Work well under pressure
- Use own initiative
- Be confident with talking to customers
- Be professional and helpful
- Good communication skills and be able to adapt to different people and ages
- You will need to be hard working
- Be able to provide the service with a smile
As for personal qualities these should include:
- Be punctual
- Be hygienic
- Be presentable
- Be friendly
- Be welcoming
- Make sure customers are always happy
- Preferably someone who is looking for a career in hairdressing
- Must have GCSE grades of A*-C or equivalent
- *** Must Be Level 2 qualified ***
About the employer
- As for the training you will be doing, all of this will be done at the salon so you will not need to attend any college days
- You will be learning all about how to cut and colour hair based on what the client wants
- Once a month an assessor will be coming out to the salon to visit you and go through your NVQ level 3 work
ESG (SKILLS) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Interserve Learning & Employment
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 16 Oct 2017