Grounds Maintenance Apprentice Peter Eaton
Eaton Grounds Maintenance are looking for an apprentice to undertake a range of garden maintenance, from the small terraced house to the large country manor, we do differ from other grounds maintenance as it’s not just cut and go, a lot of care and attention is required.
Closing date: 07 Nov 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
27 Nov 2017
16 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Eaton Grounds Maintenance are looking to recruit a Grounds Maintenance Apprentice to assist with their busy domestic and commercial grounds maintenance business. This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone with a keen interest in horticulture and gardening.
The role is varied and duties would include:
- Mowing lawns,
- Weeding borders,
- Planting, pruning plants and shrubs, cutting hedges, etc.
The ideal candidate would be local to the area, keen to learn, hardworking, reliable and have some interest or experience in horticulture or landscaping.
The normal working week will be Tuesday to Friday with some occasional Monday work being required.
The working week will be 30+ hours per week between 8am and 8pm though these times will vary to work no more than 8 hours a day if aged between 16-17, Times may vary depending on the season but this will be discussed at interview.
You will be paid a minimum of £3.50 per hour. This will be reviewed throughout the programme and may increase depending on performance and progression.
Training will be provided in the workplace where you will work towards a Level 2 Horticulture Operative Standard Apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
- The ability to work as part of a team or on own initiative.
- The ideal candidate must be keen to learn, enjoy a challenge, be honest, hardworking, reliable and personable and have a keen interest in horticulture/garden maintenance.
- Qualifications demonstrating sound literacy and numeracy skills (e.g. GCSE English and maths A*-C or equivalent qualifications) are desirable.
- Please ensure you have listed all qualifications & grades/predicted grades in the appropriate section of this application, paying particular attention to maths & English.
- Candidates will be screened as part of the recruitment process and must be able to work at Level 1 in Functional Skills (Maths and English) in order to undertake this Apprenticeship.
- Please note that candidates with any qualification at the same level or above in the same subject are ineligible for funding and will not be considered for an Apprenticeship
Things to consider
About the employer
Training will be provided in the workplace through Myerscough College where you will work towards an Level 2 Horticulture Operative Apprenticeship
- Emergency First Aid
- Pesticides: Level 2 Principals of the Safe Handling and Application or Pesticides Guidance
- OR Level 2 Award in the Safe Use of Pesticides
- End Point Assessment
- The End Point Assessment will contain 3 components: – all components must be passed for the apprentice to meet the apprenticeship standard.
- An online knowledge test to be taken at the end of the apprenticeship programme in controlled
- A synoptic practical assessment
- Professional Discussion
Agriculture, Environmental and Animal Care > Horticulture and Landscape Operative
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Myerscough College
Employer Services email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 07 Nov 2017