Commis/Craft Apprentice Chef Technocrat Xp@ Ltd
You will learn how to fully understand how the role contributes to the success of a Fine-Dining restaurant.Build effective and constructive relationships,communicate clearly,professionally and concisely.Maintain a good level of understanding of the restaurant and hospitality industry. Willing to learn British/French inspired international cuisines.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
16 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
You will be expected to work flexible shifts of about 40 hours per week (inclusive of trainings), sometimes finishing late after dinner including weekends. (There is a bus stop right in front of the restaurant)
- You must be able to undertake a varied list of food preparation for the kitchen on a daily basis. (Be willing to learn and execute patiently and to the fine details as a fine-dining restaurant is all about details).
- You must ensure that the production, preparation and presentation of food are the highest quality at all times.
- You must ensure and control levels of guest satisfaction, quality and operations within set food costs on an on going basis.
- Carry out any other duties as required by management.
- Food Safety and Hygiene, is critical. Following all the standards at all times and keeping the kitchen/workplace clean.
- As the kitchen team is small there will be some Kitchen Porter duties too.
Requirements and prospects
- Can interact with people
- Willing to learn
- Eagerness to learn
- Positive attitude
- GCSE grade A – C (4 or above) or equivalent desirable but not essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Additional location information
- Commis Chef Apprenticeship
- Functional Skill Maths (if required)
- Functional Skills English (if required)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Masterclass Attendance
Hospitality > Commis Chef
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Warwickshire College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017