Pharmacy Assistant Apprentice Care Services Pharmacy
Fantastic opportunity for someone with an interest in science and an ability to learn fast to jump-start an exciting career in pharmacy
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
16 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Taking in and handing out prescriptions
- Dispensing prescriptions
- Using dispensary and stores computer systems to generate stock lists and labels
- Helping to maintain reasonable dispensary stock levels
- Ordering items for use within a department
- Receiving, loading, unloading incoming goods from wholesalers, manufacturers and elsewhere
- Delivering pharmaceuticals and other goods to sites within a pharmacy department, and wards/departments/clinical areas
- Selling over the counter medicines
- Answering queries on the supply and availability of medicines, where this is within their competence
- Responding to telephone and face to face enquiries of a routine nature from patients, their representatives, members of the public and a wide range of staff groups,
- Drawing any problems identified or queries raised to the attention of pharmacists or pharmacy technicians
- Pre-packing, assembling and labelling medicines
- Assisting with the manufacture of medicines
- Ensuring that health and safety requirements are met.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent Communicator
- Good listening skills
- Able to retain information
- Must have initiative and can work
- Ffollowing the relevant training
- With little supervision.
Must have GCSE grades A-C in English, Maths and Science or an equivalent qualification.
Things to consider
About the employer
Care Services Pharmacy
Attendance to Walsall College one day per week is required.
- Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Pharmacy Service Skills
- Level 2 Certificate in Pharmaceutical Science
- Functional Skills in Maths Level 1
- Functional Skills in English Level 1
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Health - Pharmacy Services
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Walsall College - Wisemore Campus
Emma Worth 01922 688638 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017