Apprentice Nursery Nurse Clairemont Neighbourhood Nursery
As a Nursery Nurse Apprentice you will contribute to a high quality caring environment for the children. This includes creating a warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally through individual attention and group activities.
Closing date: 13 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
20 Oct 2017
16 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To be trained to do the same post as a Nursery Nurse or Nursery Assistant.
- To contribute to a high quality environment for children. This includes creating a warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally through individual attention and group activities.
- To work with children
- To attend training
- To complete all assignments set
- To be part of a team
- To attend associated training
- To liase with mentor
- Going to college and completing assignments on time.
- To attend team meetings and imputing ideas.
- Under supervision to provide all aspects of care for children including washing, changing and feeding.
- To assist with meeting the personal and emotional needs of individual children.
- To provide adult interaction with children in the nursery.
- To be aware of the nurseries confidentiality policy.
- Contribute to good standards of hygiene and cleanliness in the Nursery.
- To undertake such other duties and responsibilities of an equivalent nature, as may be determined by the trainee’s supervisor from time to time.
- The trainee’s duties must at all times be carried out in compliance with the nursery’s Equal Opportunities policy.
- Look upon the nursery as a “Whole” where can your help be most utilised, be constantly aware of the needs of the children.
- To respect the confidentiality of information received.
- To ensure the provision of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individuals children from differing cultures and religious back grounds, and stages of development.
- To be aware of the high profile of the nursery and to uphold it’s standards at all times.
- To be aware of all emergency and fire evacuation procedures.
- To be aware of sections 7 & 8 of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
- To understand that as part of training you will be required to move to other parts of the nursery.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Creativity and imagination
- To be understanding and able to give encouragement
- Stamina and a lot of energy
- Patience and tolerance
- A sense of fun
A-D grades in GSCE Maths and English or equivalent is required for this post.
Things to consider
About the employer
Training will be provided in order to achieve a Level 2 qualification in Children and Young People's Workfore. The majority of your training will be in the workplace, where you will be visited by an assessor every 4-6 weeks. However, you may also be required to attend Salford City College for additional Functional Skills classes.
Children and Young People's Workforce
SALFORD CITY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Salford City College
Jon Hobson 01616315555 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 13 Oct 2017