Apprentice Hairdresser Laura Lee
We are looking for a well presented and enthusiastic apprentice to join our hairdressing team. You will learn professional skills from our experienced team and attending day release at college with other apprentices. You'll also meet, greet and look after our valued customers
Closing date: 24 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 38.00
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
15 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Our staff and customers are the most valued parts of our business and we will make sure you have everything you need to create a successful career that can grow with you as you develop.
Job roles and responsibilities may include but no be limited to:
- Style and finish hair
- Set and dress hair
- Cut hair using basic techniques
- Colour and lighten hair
- Advise and consult with clients
- Shampoo, condition and treat the hair & scalp
- Develop and maintain effectiveness at work
- Meet and greet clients
- Answer the phone
- Light cleaning and tidying of the salon
- Supporting stylists
- Hosting and looking after our clients
- Maintaining and replenishing stock and equipment such as towels
Requirements and prospects
- The hairdressing industry involves being creative, active, meeting and talking to people, communicating ideas, looking your best and improving your appearance and that of others.
- As an Intermediate Apprentice you will be learning the skills and knowledge to carry out the job role of a junior.
- Well presented
- Minimum 4 GCSEs or equivalnet Grade D or above to include Maths and English.
- If minimum conditions are not met, we will consider candidates that demonstrate a clear commitment and aptitude at interview and initial assessment.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 Hair Professional Apprentice Standard
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional Skills (English and Maths) if required
Hair and Beauty > Hair Professional
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Wiltshire College
Wiltshire College Apprenticeship Team 01249 465282 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2017